Containerized Mini-Grid Solution
Solar MD’s Containerized Mini-grid solution is an advanced Lithium-Ion storage unit built into a customized 6m, air-conditioned container. The unit has been designed to be fully scalable to meet your storage requirement. Storage size for a containerized solution can range from 103.6 kWh to 1.15 MWh per container. The SolarMD mini grid solutions will combine diesel power and/or storage with renewable power sources and presents the following advantages over those with a single power source:
- Reduction in the O&M costs for the community, since increasing percentages of raw materials at no cost (such as wind and sun).
- Improved management of demand, thanks to the use of a source such as diesel, which is easier to manage than the natural resource.
- Improved adaptability to the surrounding conditions, when different renewable power sources (e.g wind in winter and sun in summer) are used, and when an appropriate percentage of battery storage is introduced.
- Designed to operate under extreme conditions (remote locations).
- Ease of handling and operation remote control.
- Limited maintenance & localized support.
- Quick installation standard industrial containers.
- Customised solution for each situation.
- Competitive pricing.
Flexible Modular Design
The containerised solution uses Solar MD’s flagship 7.4kWh battery modules (SS202) to provide reliable energy storage.
- TuV certified world leading LiFePO4 cells combined in 14 to 156 SS202 Storage Modules
- 7-way cabinet design for efficient power flow, space optimization and flexibility
- Pre-commissioned and pre-tested energy containerized solution
- Ease of installation – The system is pre-configured from the factory, allowing for quick and easy installation.
- Turn-key soloution – SolarMD offers a complete energy management system. No costs and time are needed for integrating parts from various manufacturers for our Mini-Grid Solution.
- Advanced battery management – The intelligent battery management system of SolarMD is able to extend the life of the storage system up to 30%.
- Unmatched reliability – The system’s modular architecture allows load sharing between modules. In case of failure, the output power remains unaffected.
- Hot-swap technology – Each individual component is hot-swappable, making replacement hassle-free, fast and able to be undertaken by low skilled staff.
- No maintenance required – Designed for the world’s harshest condition, SolarMD’s solution manufactured to the highest standards and requires no maintenance.
- Future-proof and modular – The modular system can easily be scaled up to meet tomorrow’s energy needs.